Sunday, December 13, 2009

Christmas season



First of all, I love the Christmas season. I don't particularly love the crowds or the materialism of the season (yes, I had the longest Christmas list of my whole family...what of it? ; ) ) But I do love the music, the snow, the lights, the celebration of the birth of my savior. I know that's cliche' but there is something I really cherish about sitting next to a window, watching the snow fall, listening to Christmas music and reading or doing my Bible study...with a cup of coffee or hot chocolate...with peppermint schnapps (I guess that's Jesus' favorite too) It's quiet and peaceful. When I day dream, I'm doing that very thing....Also, I'm a gift giver. Of course some of you may be saying..."Oh really? What'd you get me this year?"....my funds limit me of course.

This year we headed off in a neighbor's truck to get our tree, a scotch fur, $18..a total steal....and decorated it the next night. The "put all the ornaments in one spot" trick never gets old does it?

Craig and I have enjoyed making our Christmas gift list and shopping for others. Jack also made a 40 item list that I'm sorry I didn't scan and show you....too funny...I think a train was on there...not a toy train...a real train.

They both have one more week of school then they're out for 2 weeks. They both love to play in the snow so they'll look forward to that, plus going "up north" for Christmas. We are looking forward to seeing everyone!!!! Merry Christmas!

No comments: